Homeline has been successfully supplying the Social Housing sector for many years, with top quality maintenance free UPVC Rooflines, UPVC Fascias Cladding, Window Trims and Ancillaries. We work closely with all aspects of Social Housing providers, to help you meet the demands of the Decent Homes standard and provide total tenants satisfaction.
PVC-U is selected for refurbishment projects due to its combination of aesthetics, lightness, strength, formability and its long life span requiring minimal maintenance.
Sustainability in construction is about development that meets the needs of today, without implicating on the needs of the future. Specifying PVC-U not only provides your project with an environmentally friendly product, it also ensures the products last for years.
Life Cycle Costs
- Material costs no longer represent a barrier to the use of cellular PVC and the costs of installation are lower than timber. PVC now represents a significant whole life cost advantage over timber.
- Timber must be treated with paint or stains which involve additional labour and material costs. The finished quality and durability can also not be guaranteed.
- Specifiers wishing to achieve best value for social housing can make a simple calculation about the future maintenance costs of timber when they look at typical refurbishment cycles of 5 - 7 years.
- PVC on the other hand has a working life extending into decades with minimal cosmetic maintenance and greater predictability in its performance.
- PVC-U is 100% recyclable.